The Great Australian Bake Off has captured the hearts and taste buds of amateur bakers across the nation.
Now we’re looking for the finest home bakers to take part in the next series.
Are you passionate about your pastry? Does your sponge rise to the challenge?
From biscuits to bread, pies to pavlovas are you ready to step into The Bake Off Shed, throw on your apron and have your bakes judged by two of Australia’s most beloved culinary icons?
If you’re a Star Baker in the making, we’d love to hear from you!
If you are successful, you will be contacted and asked to attend a baking audition in your state.
On your marks… get set… APPLY!
Rules of Entry & Instructions Summary:
1. Answer all questions honestly and to the best of your ability.
2. We will be unable to reply to all applicants individually. You will only hear from us if you have been invited to an audition.
3. Please ensure you read, fully understand and agree and accept the Eligibility Requirements and Terms and Conditions before applying to be a contestant on The Great Australian Bake Off (“GABO”).
4. You must be aged 16 years or above.
5. You must be an Australian citizen or resident.
6. You cannot have completed any professional cooking or catering qualifications (such as tertiary or TAFE) in the last 10 years.
7. All GABO contestants must be amateur cooks. You must warrant that you are not a professional chef, baker, caterer, recipe writer or food technologist nor have you worked professionally in this capacity for a total of more than 8 weeks in the last 8 years. The Producer retains the right to determine in its sole discretion whether you are eligible to participate. If you have previous professional or semi-professional experience that the Producer deems (in its entire discretion) could create an unfair advantage you are not eligible. The guidelines in this Application and also the Terms and Conditions for professional activity that preclude participation as a contestant on GABO are not exhaustive (and the matters listed below are not exhaustive) and include the following:
a) You cannot have ever worked full-time in a kitchen as a cook, baker, chef or in food preparation;
b) You cannot have earned your main source of income from preparing food and/or cooking fresh food in a professional kitchen environment such as a restaurant, café, bakery or take-away in the last 8 years;
c) You cannot have taught cooking classes or have done cooking demonstrations or food preparation in any capacity be it casual, part time, full time or contract in a total of more than 8 weeks in the last 8 years;
d) If you have worked in food service (as distinct from food preparation) in restaurants or food service coupled with very basic food preparation such as making sandwiches or working in quick service restaurants (e.g. McDonalds), this will generally not be considered professional or semi-professional food preparation experience but the Producer retains its discretion to determine eligibility at all times.
8. You must be able to commit to all the filming days required and as advised by the Producer from time to time.
9. You cannot be, or be closely related to, a member of FremantleMedia Australia Pty Ltd (the “Producer”), or the Commissioning Network Broadcaster associated with GABO.
10. You cannot have been convicted of any serious crime. You must disclose to the Producer if you have any criminal history including any criminal record, arrest and/or criminal charges laid against you, and any participation by you in the Program will be entirely at the Producer’s discretion.
11. Submission of an application form and compliance with the above does not in any way constitute an offer to appear on the Program.
12. The Producer may (but may not) invite you to attend an audition at their discretion. When selecting applicants for GABO, the following issues will be taken into account: skill, enthusiasm, drive, love of baking, desire to challenge yourself.
13. The Producer's decisions regarding selection to the programs are final and the Producer is not obliged to offer any comment or justification for its decisions regarding the selection of contestants.