Please close or use the back button after reading this FAQ page.
Completing the questionnaire
This questioinnaire will take around 60 minutes to complete. You can log back in at anytime to complete it - but don't leave it till the last minute!
From time to time, please click the "Save unfinished page" button on the bottom of the page - this will ensure that your individual responses are saved, and in the event that your connection is lost (more likely when using a mobile device), you can simply log back in and continue where you left off.
If you receive a "422 Error" it means that you have an expired application page open in another browser tab. Restart your browser, or close the tab, then log back in and complete your application. And remember to save your answers regularly.
DO NOT USE EMOTICONS/EMOJIS IN YOUR ANSWERS! (you will not be able to submit your answers until they're removed).
Forgot your password?
No problems - just click the 'forgot password' link on the sign in page. If you don't immediately receive an email, check your spam/junk folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where's my email? Recommended registration email accounts
Microsoft domain emails (Hotmail, Outlook, Live) automatically filter some system generated emails. To ensure you receive important information about your application, we recommend using email service providers other than these free Microsoft accounts.
Please prepare photos of the following for upload to your application - this is a mandatory requirement.
- A recent digital photograph of yourself
- A photograph of your own favourite sweet bake
- A photograph of your own favourite savoury bake
Please prepare a video of the following for upload to you application - REMEMBER, THIS IS OPTIONAL.
- 1 minute duration, videos exceeding 1 minute 30 seconds will not be eligible for consideration.
- Must show your “full face to camera”. Please explain what you love to bake, why you love to bake and why you want to be considered as an applicant.
- Video must not contain any nudity, smoking, alcohol or drug use or any illegal activity. Any illegal activity will be immediately notified to NSW Police.
*If you are experiencing issues please use the Chrome Browser - we DO NOT recommend any version of Internet Explorer.
You can upload most video types to your application.
The larger the file, the longer it will take, however (and this is also dependant on your internet connection).
Your video is likely to be larger than 100MB and this may take more than an hour to upload - please bear this in mind.
Please be patient while it uploads.
If you'd like to speed up the process you can reduce the size of your video prior to uploading, by following these instructions:
- On your iPhone/iPad you can use the Video Compressor application
- On your computer download the free video converter: www.macroplant.com/adapter
Once installed, (and any additional plugins are updated), follow these steps:
- Add your video by dropping or browsing to it from your hardrive.
- From the right hand panel, choose a "Destination" to where you'd like to save your compressed video
- From the 'Video" section choose "mpeg4" as the encoder.
- From the "Resolution" section, choose a smaller size from the dropdown (eg 720x480) (you can see in the output window, the change to the video as you select the different sizes) - this will reduce the file size most effectively from the original and won't degrade the quality.
- If you want to reduce the time length of your video, choose the "Trim" option and adjust the start and end points of your video.
Make sure you check that your video plays before uploading it - otherwise you will experience an error.
Castasugar is not in any way affiliated with Macroplant or other third party applications mentioned here - and there are many other free apps that you can use to achieve the same results.